Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 29

Hello Family!!

Oh my goodness, it is so crazy to me that it is almost Thanksgiving! Time is just flying by!

I hope you all have had a great week!! :)

I have had a really good week... we have a baptism on Saturday!!! Yahoo! :) It is for Teya- he is the one I told you about last week who had a date for December 10... However, we had zone conference this week and president told us that we need to get 20 baptisms in November, December, and January. We decided (with friendly pressure from the AP's) to invite Teya to move up his date 3 weeks and so he did! He is so amazing- I seriously love this kid! He is like my adopted little brother- can we keep him? We are the best of buds. :) He is a little jokester, but his testimony is so strong! That has been a big thing for him- having a testimony. We brought him to a youth fireside a few weeks ago, and they had one person stand up and share their testimony. He turned to me and asked what a testimony was. I told him that it was an expression of our beliefs. He then told me that it was his goal to build up his testimony. And boy has it grown since then! Last night, to review the restoration, we had him teach us about it with little pictures to help him out... It was so good! He bore such sweet testimony and the Spirit was so strong. He wants to be a missionary now so that he can share his happiness with others. :) He is inviting so many people to come to his baptism- his sister and her family, his friends, even members from the church that his sister goes to! I'll be sure to take many pictures and I'll send them home next week!

Sad news, Jacek, our Polish investigator, moved to Arendal (another city in Norway) to live with his father. This is definitely a bitter-sweet thing. We won't be able to teach him anymore, but now he will have a roof over his head and food to eat and there are missionaries in Arendal so he can continue being taught. Hopefully he will still reach his goal of being baptized on the 3rd of December.

So on Wednesday, we had zone conference. It was really, really good! I love being with lots of missionaries and President Johansen is such a fireball! Everytime he opens his mouth the Spirit is there. He has such a way of motivating us and getting us to be better missionaries. I am so grateful for him! I got to have another interview with him after the conference- I was very grateful for that. This transfer has already been kinda difficult and so he was really able to help me with how I should handle it. :)

It is still not very cold here... Everyone is just anticipating the snow. I did, however, bust out the Juicy Couture earmuffs the other day. They are fabulous!!! :) If you talk to Amy Miner anytime soon, tell her I love them!

Family, can I just tell you all how much I love 1. missionary work- it is so amazing to be able to bear testimony all of the time! I have never felt it so strong in my entire life. It makes me so very happy! 2. this gospel- for how it strengthens us in every aspect of our lives. 3. Jesus Christ and His atonement- never have I ever felt the power of the Atonement so much in my life. I watch it work in the lives of others and in myself. We can do anything It truly gives us the power to change, be better... Oh man! It makes me so happy! Greatest expression of God's love right there! :) 4. My family... hey, that's you!!! ;) I am so grateful for you. You all make me so happy! I am so grateful for all of your support and for everything you have done for me. You're amazing! I love and miss you tons and tons! I can't wait to skype you in a few weeks (less than 5!!!! Holy cow- that's so soon!) I hope you all have a great week and a happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy it for me... (Eat lots of yummy yams! Ha ha! Ouch- I just realized how much I am going to miss those... Oh well)

I love and miss you tons! Have a great Thanksgiving!! :)

Lots of love,
Søster Jessie Noelle Taylor

P.S. Yeah, elder Davis's family died when they heard that he had met THE Jessica Noel... Ha ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment