Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 62


How are you all doing? Have you had a good week? It looks like you had a great 4th of July! I'm totally jealous- the river looked like so much fun and I totally miss the fireworks at the Green Valley Ranch... We didn't do anything too exciting, but we did get to eat dinner with an American! Majken- she is actually half Norwegian and half American, but it was close enough. Ha ha! She is our age and is actually dating one of the boys in the branch so she is here visiting form Thailand (where she lives with her family). We are like best pals. :) But yeah, she made us hot dogs. They are much better here in Norway. Ha ha! 

I'm glad you hear that you got the magazine! Sorry that the chocolate was melted.... That is my favorite kind. :) It was a really good experience to be interviewed. We are still in contact with the photographer, but not so much with the reporter. They are really cool girls. :)

So on Monday, we had the opportunity to meet and be interviewed by the new mission president and his wife- President and Sister Evans. They are super sharp people and I love them very much! They are very different than President and Sister Johansen, but that is ok. They are really good people and I look forward to working with them in the future. On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference and we spent a lot of time just hearing about them and getting to know them and their stories. It was different... In a good way. :) 

Well, missionary work this week has been a little rough... We are really struggling to build up our area after Brit's baptism. We spent tons and tons of time on the street, contacting without much success. It was a little bit frustrating, but I'm not going to lie- it felt really good to work hard! I was really proud of myself as I looked at our days and how much literal work we did. We pounded these streets!! :) And we are going to do it again this week! Sad part- our 2 most positive investigators dropped us due to summer vacations... We will most likely be able to get in contact with them when they get back, but who knows... It is way sad! Good thing is all of our new converts are doing great! Agnes is praying for her friends to open up to the church. Brit invited us over to dinner and told us all about her latest experiences with promptings for the Holy Ghost. It was so cool! :) Marita came and helped us teach one of our investigators and did a great job bearing her testimony. Mariell is just a happy 9 year old and doing great! She text me yesterday after church and told me that she doesn't like boys because they are so childish. Ha ha! Love her! :) 

As far as transfers go, I do know a little bit about what is happening, but I will for sure be able to tell you next Monday. :)

Cool random news: I have lost 6 pounds! I am slimming down my friends! I gotta get looking hott! Ha ha! Butter and I have been running a lot and eating rabbit food, basically. It feels really good! :) You are not going to be able to recognize me when I walk off that plane- long uncolored hair and my clothes will be just hanging off my body because I'll be so super skinny! Ha ha! Just kidding. I can dream, right? :) 

Well fam, that's about all I've got this week. I love you all so very much! Have a wonderful week! :)

♥- Søster Jessica Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment