Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 45

Hi Fam!

How are you all doing? I hope you all have had a great week! I absolutely love hearing from you all on Mondays- it makes my week! :) You all are wonderful! :)


So I hear that Mason and Zach are in the teachers quorum presidency together! That is so cool! You boys are so very wonderful! :)


This week has been a wild one! On Wednesday, Marita was baptized and it was amazing! Planning the baptism was actually really hard this time around, but it turned out AMAZING!!! The program was actually done mostly by the newest of the new of members. Daniel, who was just baptized a few weeks ago, actually gave one of the talks and he did do good! He told me afterwards that he had written out his whole talk, but he didn't say a word of it. He spoke solely by the Spirit! It amazes me that I have been a member of this church my whole life and it took me forever to be able to do what he did after a few weeks. The Spirit was so strong and it was just incredible! That program was not only for Marita, but it strengthened everyone who participated. The Branch Missionary leader was so happy because that is the future of the Trondheim branch. After the baptism, Elder Beisinger (a Sr. Missionary) came up to me after the baptism and, with tears in his eyes, told me that I did a wonderful job organizing it. I love this work!


Last night, Sister Butterfield and I had a really cool experience with teaching an atheist on the street. I have never been able to really get through to one of them before because they are so against even trying to find God. Last night was special though. We were actually heading home for the night and we didn't want to be late, so I was just going to pass this guy, but something told me to talk to him, so I did. He is Norwegian and we taught him for about 15 minutes on the street. In that short period of time, we were able to bear testimony so strongly that we were able to give him the Book of Mormon and commit him to read it daily, pray daily, come to church for 3 weeks and meet with us at least once a week! WOW!!! So stinking cool! It is really hard to talk to someone who only believes in science because it is something you can see, where you can't see God, but I know He is there and that He loves us. The man's heart was softened by the Spirit. I am so excited to teach him! I will let you know how it goes.


Well, I hope things are going really well at home. I love and miss you guys very much! The Church is true!!! :)


Have a great week! :)


♥- Søster Jessica Taylor


Here is a note from Elder Strange:


hey I love you guys Taylor is the BOMB.COM way awesome!!!
Love Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess it's Mal I miss and love you so much I can't wait til your home I miss and love you more than life it's self I love you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete