Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 59

Hello Family!

How are you all doing? Have you had a good week? I hope all is well there in the LV! :)

Well, this has been an interesting week. On Tuesday, we had our last zone conference with President and Sister Johansen. I love them so very much! They are 2 of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am so grateful for them and for all of the work they do for us missionaries and the members here in Norway. I plan on being friends with them FOREVER! Ha ha! Anyways, President gave us the advice that he gives every missionary that goes home. He committed us to never wake up past 6:30. NEVER. He also said never to leave the house without studying the scriptures and praying. So I basically made a blood oath that I would do it (without the blood of course! ha ha!) I never want to stop progressing in my knowledge of the Gospel! :)

Sadly, we didn't have a baptism on Saturday... It was really sad. We couldn't get a hold of Charles after Monday and we were super worried about him. Day after day past by with out any contact, but then on Saturday, he called me back and told me that he was coming to church. He never showed up to church. Oh, we were so frustrated! But then he came and met with us. He had to go to Oslo to look for work and didn't take his phone with him. He still wants to be baptized and he actually has a really strong testimony! We went through the baptismal interview questions with him and he knew everything really well, better than some converts I have seen... Ha ha! We are hoping that we can get him baptized on Wednesday! Cross your fingers (and pray! Ha ha!)

Funny experience... We went to visit this member woman and her inactive son on Friday. It was really nice. She had made us some Norwegian open-faced sandwiches and cake. :) While we were teaching them, her son mentioned that he could see light around both of us, then she agreed with him. Then she exclaimed, "We have 2 angels with us!" Ha ha! It was kinda cool and I'm not gonna lie, I felt a little special. :)

We had a ton of contacting this week without much luck, so that was kind of sad. We have been working so hard lately and seeing such great progress in our investigators, but it is starting to die down... The curse of SUMMER! It will definitely be a test of faith at this point. Ha ha! Thankfully, the weather is really mild - we have a couple of days with sunshine, then some with rain. So it stays pretty cool. :) I actually have a tan line on my feet from my old shoes! Ha ha!  It is so beautiful right now and Sister Butterfield and I are just soaking it up! I actually have a tan line on my feet from my old shoes! Ha ha!

Well, that's about all I've got at the moment... Sorry it was kind of boring... I love and miss you all! See you in 5 months and 3 days! :)

♥- Søster Jessica Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment