Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 60

Kjære familie-
 
Hello! :) How are you all doing? I hope all is well. :)
 
This has been a really good week. Sister Butter and I have been working our little tails off. Sadly, Charles didn't get baptized. That was really sad, but we will see what happens with him. As far as our other investigators go, we have seen some great things happen! :) For example- Brit. She is the referral from her friend, Sister Hansen. She dropped us becasue she didn't want to give up coffee, but then she randomly started coming to church again. On Tuesday, we went to visit her without an appointment. She had just had surgery, so we took her some chocolate and a church book that she could use as she studied. :) We were planning on just dropping it off, but hoping we could talk to her a little bit. We got what we hoped for. She totally let us in and we were able to teach her about faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was so strong! After we taught her, we said a prayer and I felt like we needed to invite her to baptism, but I didn't feel good about pushing her into setting a date. I told her to pray about being baptized. Well, after that, we heard nothing. Then, yesterday, Sister Hansen told us that Brit had called her over to her house and told her that she wanted to be baptized! She is willing to give up coffee and tea. She wants to be baptized the first week of August. :) It was a miracle! I love her so very much and (I don't want to be cocky or anything, but...) she loves me too! :) Ha ha! Sad thing is, I might be transfered before she gets baptized... Oh well, at least I could teach her! :)
 
Agnes, our new convert, invited us to her house this week for ice cream. She is so cool! She met us at the bus stop and then showed us to her house. She turned on her favorite music (which was kind of crazy) and then made us eat tons of ice cream! Ha ha! We were there for a while, just talking about her life and listening to her stories. She is amazing! :) The gospel has just completed her life, it seems! She thinks I should study psychology and live in New York City. Random... Ha ha! She lended me 3 psychology text books to read. (Sadly, I can't read them as a missionary, but I just couldn't tell the woman no, so I stuffed them in my backpack and took them home. Ha ha!)
 
Friday was a very special day- it was Santans Aften of mid summer night. It was the night of the midnight sun! Sadly, we couldn't see it in Trondheim, but we got permission to stay out until midnight. We had a party with the Elders and played sand volleyball at a park near the church. It was 11 pm and it looked like the sun had just barely set. It was so cool! :)
 
Yesterday evening, we went to the Prestmo Family's home (we baptized their 9 year old, Mariell) They live about 30 minutes outside of town, by bus, but then it is a 20 minute walk from the bus stop to their house. EXERCISE!!! :) Ha ha! When we got their, she had barbeque chicken and rice for us to eat. We taught their girls and then played with them until it was time to go catch the bus. We played badmitton and then jumped on their trampoline. I haven't done that in forever! Ha ha! It was so much fun! :) They just loved us so very much and didn't want us to leave. Their little friend came to play with us and she asked why we couldn't just live there. Kids... :) Haha!
 
Well, that's about it.... Well of the exciting stuff at least. Ha ha! I feel bad- these emails aren't very special or spiritual. Is there anything I can do to better to make these emails more exciting? Just let me know! I love and miss you all so very much! Have a great week! :)
 
♥- Søster Jessica Taylor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment