Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 33

Hello Family! I love you all so very much and I am so excited to see you all over skype in a few days! :)

So I am now in Trondheim. I thought Oslo was beautiful... Oh man! Trondheim beats it by a landslide! This place is unlike anywhere I have ever seen before! This is the city where they crown the king of Norway because they have a famous cathedral here and it is absolutely breath-taking. :) My companion, Sister Grass is wonderful. She has been here for one month less than I have, so I met here in the MTC. I love her to pieces. She knows this city really well and she is helping me to get to know everyone. So on Sunday, I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. It was the first talk that I have given here in Norway and, being in Norway, it was in Norwegian. I was terrified! But just like what happened with my farewell talk and that fireside, I just stood up there and let Heavenly Father do the rest. Ha ha! I hope my Norwegian wasn't too bad. The girl that was translating from Norwegian to English said that I sounded great for only being here for 4 ish months. I was grateful for that. :) I am just glad that it is over. Ha ha!


Anyways, the people here are wonderful. The ward is full of lots of older people and some YSA's I love it so much. We are teaching some really cool people as well. One of them is Marita. She has been taught all of the lessons and is working on setting a date. We challenged her to be baptized on the 7th of January, but she wasn't so sure about that. She is supposed to pray about it and tell us in our next meeting. Abdul is a guy from Morocco who speaks a whole lot of Spanish and not so much Norsk, but he has met with us twice and he came to church yesterday. We are going to set a baptismal date with him tonight. :) Daniel is actually the brother of a girl named Mali who was baptized 4 months ago. He is atheist but is starting to feel something as we teach him. He is so smart- actually he is a rocket scientist! It was a miracle because we actually got him to set a date for the 21 of January. So those are the top people in our are right now. I love it so much! We are just working so hard to keep this area built up and we are loving every minute of it. I am learning so much everyday! :)


So I will get my Christmas when i am in Oslo on Thursday- we have a mission conference and it is supposed to be AMAZING! I will tell you all about it next week. :)


Well Fam, it is time for me to go. I can't wait to skype. Love you tons!


Vi Snakkes!
♥-Søster Jessica Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment