Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 36

Hi Family!!!

Oh my goodness, it is so good to be able to hear from you all each week- it makes me so very happy! :) (I almost feel like I am right there with you!) I hope everything is going well with all of you. :)


So I don't think I have ever felt as cold as I have this past week! It has been ridiculous!!! At the first of the week, we had some nice snow storms and what not. That was really fun and not at the same time because it makes my hair snarl up and all nasty. Ha ha! (I am so vain.) Then the temperatures just dropped. Everything turned to ice and not even 2 wool coats, thermals, tights, wool socks, boots, gloves and a hat kept me from freezing! It's all good though- I absolutely LOVE it!


Sister Grass and I have so much fun together! I seriously have not loved missionary work so much as when I have been with her. I am so stinking happy right now! :)


We have been teaching a lot of people, but not many of them are really progressing, so that is hard, but we have 4 people right now who are in the "zone" to be baptized. Daniel (I have told you about him a little bit, his sister was baptized in June) was an atheist, but admitted last night to Sister Grass that he believes in God. We had the most amazing teach with him last week. We had planned to teach him about following the prophet, but we ended up talking a lot about the Word of Wisdom and how the Atonement of Jesus Christ can help us overcome temptations. The Spirit was soooo strong and we helped him recognize that it was the Spirit talking to him. I loved it!!! He is totally getting baptized... the only question is when... I will get back to you all on that one. We are teaching him again tonight! Then we have Marita. Her mom is a less active. We haven't been able to meet with her for a little while because of the holidays, but she has a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Only problem- she is looking for a BIG answer or sign from God that it is true... Hopefully we can help her recognize the little things and how they add up. We are planning on teaching her about the Holy Ghost and how He communicates with us. I am excite for that. :) Then we have Anette. I actually haven't been able to teach her yet due to the holidays and her being sick, but I did meet her on the street. She has been taught everything she needs in order to be baptized, now it is just a matter of getting her to church! She should be ready for the end of this month. Then we have Brit who was a referral from a lady in the branch. She is Lutheran and actually works for the State church, but we went over and taught her the restoration- IT WAS AMAZING!!! The Spirit was so strong to the point that she had goosebumps! I almost cried in the lesson because it was so powerful! :) Oh Man!!!   


Well on Wednesday evening, I received a call from the Assistants telling me that I would be training next transfer. So on Thursday, Sister Grass and I flew to Oslo for a training meeting. I don't ever think I have felt more inadequate in my entire life. During the meeting, they just kept telling us how big of a responsibility it is and that we will have a permanent mark on these missionaries. So there are 4 of us training- 3  from my MTC group and one from the group that came after. There is only one sister coming and 3 elders. It should be really interesting. It has been cool to see how scared I was at first and to see how Heavenly Father has helped me feel calm and ready for this responsibility. I will let you know how it goes! Sister Campbell will be here Wednesday morning! :) (The cool thing is- because I have only been here for 3 weeks, president is letting Sister Grass stay here for a week to help me out a little bit before she moves to Oslo to be in a three-some).


Mom, you would like this- So at church yesterday, I was asked by the Relief Society president to teach next week... PÅ NORSK!!! Mom, you can't complain anymore about teaching because I officially have you beat... Preparing a lesson in another language! Ha ha! Just consider yourself lucky that you get to teach in your mother-tongue! :) I will let you all know how it goes...


New hot off the press- the Mitt Romney-Mormon thing is really hitting hard here in Norway, so on Thursday, the biggest Newspaper in Trondheim is going to come and interview us, then go out on the streets with us! I am gonna be famous! Ha ha! Just kidding! :)


Well that's about all I have... I love you guys so much and I love this work! I hope you all have a great week! :)


Vi Snakkes!
♥-Søster Jessica Taylor   

No comments:

Post a Comment