Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 37


Pictures of Hell, Norway. It is the most beautiful city I have ever seen, it reminds me of a snow globe.

Hi Fam!

How are you guys doing? Oh man, I love being able to read all of your emails- they make me so happy! :)

The weather has been really bad and wet lately. It is not cold, but rainy and icy. We all have fallen down and I have a nice bruise on my knee from falling down- I love the battle scars! :) Even with the bad weather, this place looks like a snow globe! It is so beautiful!

So my new missionary got here on Wednesday. Her name is Sister Campbell and she is from Kansas. She is really nice and cute. It is really weird being with a missionary that doesn't really know what they are doing- I have TONS of responsibility right now. I am trying to up her teaching and language skills, introduce her to members, keep track of our investigators, and be super happy and organized all at the same time! I think my brain is going to be fried at the end of this transfer... Thank heavens that I have Sister Grass here to help me for a little bit. However, I don't think she will be here for too much longer.

On Thursday, we had an interview with a guy from the local newspaper. He was doing an article about Mitt Romney and Mormons. (Norwegians are crazy about American politics- Dad would like them :) Ha ha! jk.) We couldn't answer any of his questions about politics because as missionaries, we can't have a political stand. But after the interview, a photographer followed us around and took a bunch of pictures of us contacting. It was really fun! The article came out on Saturday, so we went and bought copies to take home :)

On Thursday, we had another Christmas party and we sang traditional songs around the Christmas tree like the whoos in the Grinch. I loved it so much! This place is incredible!!

Can I just tell you all, I LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE!!! They are the most amazing people I have ever most in my entire life (other than you guys of course). They are so sweet, inspired, and Christ-like people. I am so grateful to be here! I had the wonderful opportunity to teach relief society on Sunday and lets just say I was sweating bullets! It was alright... (it would've been so much better in English!) Anyways, it was about charity and service. I told a story about Sam and the Spirit was strong and I think people felt it.. I hope... They told me they might ask me again... SNAP!

Well, I am sorry, this was not a very spiritually uplifting email, but I hope you all know that I know this Church is true and I love our Savior with all my heart!

I hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you all tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment