Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 39

Hello my dear, sweet family!

How are you all doing? Everybody healthy and happy?

I just have to say thank you for always beeing so diligent in sending mail and emails. I am sorry that my writing skills have gone downhill lately. Things are really really busy here, but that is still no excuse to not be on top of mailing stuff to you guys! Please forgive me!!! I am repenting and will try to be better at it. :)

Can I just tell you all: I am sooooo HAPPY!!! Whenever I think about how blessed I am, my heart just swells inside my chest and I feel like I could explode! I don't think I have ever been this happy in my entire life. On Wednesday, one of our investigators brought a friend for us to teach and after we had talked about the plan of salvation, the friend asked us if we were happy being so far away from home and what not. I told him that this was the best experience I have ever had, and I really meant it. However, this man just said that we are too young to know what true happiness is. That made me think a lot. I mean, yeah I am young, but I can't imagine being more happy than I am RIGHT NOW. I feel the Holy Ghost every minute of every day. I get to share what I love with others every day. I get to study the Word of God every day. I get to talk to God hundreds of times every day, and I feel His love every day... Yet he can tell me I don't know true happiness? Whatever! He has no idea what he is missing out on! :) This gospel is all about finding happiness in this life and joy in the next... We are so blessed!!!

Wednesday was a miracle day! My heart was swelling all day. :) I was super stressed trying to plan the baptism for Sunday, but at 5 pm, we met with Marita (the girl with the baptismal date in April). We knew we needed to change her date or else she could get lost. We planned an awesome lesson beforehand, but didn't use it at all! We just followed the Spirit's promptings and met her needs 100%. I know that because when I asked her about moving her date to the 7th of March, she was 100% ok with it! It was so awesome! :) So we have awesome point #1 baptism on Sunday. #2 Marita's date moved up a month. And #3 we had 3 investigators come to the institute dinner and activity that night! WOW!!! 

Thursday was a SUPER COLD day! Sister Campbell, Elder Sessions (DL), Elder Strange, and I went to visit a less active family outside of the city, but they weren't home and we had to wait an hour for the bus to come back. There were no people out (mind you it was -9 Celsius with a HUGE wind chill). We went to the grocery store to buy some Norwegian chocolate, then weathered the storm by the bus stop. It was horrible and hilarious! We were all doing jumping jacks and dancing trying to stay warm... We looked like a pack of crazies! :)

Friday, we had to come home early because Sister Campbell got really sick. (We were home almost all weekend... It was super sad...) But I had the opportunity to call some people while she slept. I called this one guy named Simon. He told me that he was in the hospital and was really sick. He has been thinking a lot about God and religion and he asked me to tell him what happens after death. So I had the opportunity to teach this man about the Plan of Salvation and about how the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it all possible. It was such a cool experience! He is not in town, but we are planning to teach him over skype very soon. I will keep you posted! :) 

On Saturday, Daniel (the athiest boy who's sister is a member) was baptized! His nonmember mom and brother were there. It was so awesome! He totally has a belief in God and when he heard that Sister Campbell was sick, he told her that he would pray for her. Maybe that doesn't seem too cool, but when you knew the guy didn't believe in God before and then he tells you he will pray... It is a miracle! It is THE MOST AMAZING thing to see the change that occurs in a person as they realize that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them. My joy is full!!! He is so happy, and even though he doesn't really show his emotions that much, he told me that his outlook on life is more clear and he feels at peace! Herlighet!!! :) (Yes that is Norwegian... I can't think of an English word that embodies how I am feeling... herlighet means like glory and joy and perfection and... yeah...)

Well, sad news- no baptism yesterday... But no worries, Mariell is still getting baptized. She got really sick on Saturday night. The Elders gave her a blessing, but she still wasn't better by morning. It was really sad becasue I put SO MUCH work into getting that all organized. (I was pretty much doing it all on my own because poor Sister Campbell got super sick this week- stomach flu and a cold... it was horrible! So everything fell on me.) She will be baptized the second week in February. So all is well. :)

Whenever I write you, I just feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest! I love you guys so much!!! You are so wonderful. :)

Thank you for all you do. You are always in my prayers!

Vi Snakkes!!!
♥- Søster Jessica Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment