Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 40 - 9 months

Hello Family!

How are you all doing? How is life? What is new? Oh man, you guys are wonderful! I love you so much!!!

THANK YOU so very much for the Valentine's Day package! Oh my goodness, I got it on Hump day and couldn't stop smiling. And those cute self portaits- I almost died! I hung them up on the wall (there wasn't much room) to see them all. :) They are so stinking cute! Where did you get the idea? I wore the jewelry to church and everyone liked my new bling. ;) The flamingo story was awesome! It is hanging on my wall and the candy and other stuff is wonderful! You are amazing!!! :)

So on Saturday, we woke up to a whole lot of snow. It looked like we were living in a snowglobe- the beauty of Trondheim! :) That means that the temperature isn't too low. No worries- I am 100% warm and happy. :)

This week has been kind of weird as far as the work goes. We are getting ready for Mariell's (9 year old) baptism on Sunday. That will be exciting! Marita has a date for the 7th of March and she is still trucking towards that. We are good friends. :) Brit (our referral who already knows the church is true) just got back form vacation and we are meeting with her in about an hour. Wish us luck! :) We are going to go for a baptismal date with her. we are thinking the 26th of February. Hopefully that works! We have faith that all will go well! But other than that, things are kind of slow. People don't like to talk when it is cold outside... That makes finding new investigators very difficult. Oh well, we get by. The people we do talk with are awesome... not always intersted, but still awesome! God has some pretty cool children. :) Training has been a lot of fun. Sister Campbell is improving a lot and we get aong well. We are lucky becasue we get to take an extra hour to study every morning and that helps a lot with becoming better missionaries. :)

My testimony of the Book of Mormon has been strengthened a lot the last few weeks. I know I have probably said it before, but I love that book! I have almost finished it again and I have challenged myself to see how many times I can read it in the next 9 months. I just love how powerful it is! We had a lady on the street tell us that we should share the Bible and not the Book of Mormon on the street. We asked her if she had ever read the Book of Mormon and she said that she would only read something she knew was true. Of course, I bore my testimony and told her that I knew that it is the word of God and that it strengthens our faith in Jesus Christ. She proceeded to tell me that I was wrong and that it wasn't true. Normally, I would've been upset that she told me that I was wrong, that was an insult to me, but this time, I upset because she insulted the word of God. She rejected His gift to us. It was so sad! I feel so grateful to be able to share it with others. I KNOW it is the Word of God. It means everything to me. It answers so many questions and gives us direction.

Well, I am so sorry that this is a lame email. I really am trying to do better! I love and miss you all tons and tons! Have a great week!

Vi snakkes!
- Søster Jessica Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment