Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 9

Hello!
 
How is everything? I miss you all so much and I'm so sad that I didn't get to talk to you on the 4th of July. :( I hope you had a fun one! Sounds like Lake Las Vegas would've been fun! I'd kill for a pampered chef sandwich right now.... Ha ha! The food here is getting so old and there are SO MANY missionaries here that I just end up eating cereal. Good thing they have cinnamon toast crunch and skim milk! :)
 
So I'm pretty much ready to lose my mind right now. I'm dying to get out in the field!!! I don't feel completely ready, but I don't feel like I'm progressing much anymore- I need to be talking to the Natives! :) There are many positives to still being here though. On the 4th, none of our teachers could come in- they all thought we would be gone, so they made plans. So Sis. B., E. Godfrey, and I got to hang out with a lone swedish elder who got delayed a week and his teacher. Thank heavens we understand Swedish! :) So we learned about listening to the Spirit and it was such an amazing lesson! Then we practiced teaching 3-5 minute lessons. It was super fun! :) Yesterday our teacher came in and he went over anything we wanted to go over. Then we practiced contacting as a trio with our teachers as the investigator for a long time. we did it 3 different times and we learned something new each time. I'm loving this one on one attention! I am feeling more prepared now than i did before!
 
Today we got to go clean the Provo temple! It was so fun! We got to didmantle the chandeliers in the brides room- we removed all of the crystals so they can recycle them and get new ones. I loved it! :)
 
So on July 2, we had our 4th of July celebration at the MTC. we all got together and sang fun songs like yankee doodle dandy. Then we had a speaker. They had bagpipers play for us, then we were given ice cream bars and we were allowed to go out and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire! It was super fun!!!
 
Sunday was a sad day because it was our last full day as an entire district. We had an our set aside for a meeting, but our district leader (E. Hollingshead) decided that they should give everyone priesthood blessings. Elder Anderson gave me a blessing. It was so good! He told me that there is a higher purpose for my delay and that when I get to Norway I will have success almost instantly. He said many other things, but those things stuck out the most! Cool, Huh? :)
 
Monday was very sad... our first day as loners. We couldn't hug our leaving district- that was awful! Ha ha! I love those Elders! We have become like family these past 9 weeks... Oh well! We'll see them in Norway! :)
 
So I was called as coordinating sister again because we get new nowegian missionaries today! I hope I can help make them feel comfortable like the last sisters did for me. If that's all my delay was for, it's worth it to me! :)
 
Anyways, I love you all so much! I will be able to call you when the visa comes (whenever that is...) Talk to you soon!!! :)
 
Ha det bra! Jeg elsker dere! :)
 
-Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment