Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 3

Hi family!!
 
I love you all so much! Thank you for the package- I got it on Monday and it was fabulous! The duck was perfect!! Everyone in our district thought it was the coolest thing ever! Did you get the pics i sent?
 
So as always, I don't have a lot of time, so here it goes....
 
So I had the most amazing experience on Friday! It started out so horrible. Sis. B. was driving me nuts. We weren't getting along. We had to plan a whole bunch of stuff and I was falling apart. We had to teach our first lesson in norsk and I was terrrified. Even though I have learned so much, I still struggle remembering everything under pressure. I fell apart. There was no way I could teach. I felt completely helpless and I had no one to talk to. So I started bawling during our companionship study. I talked to Sis. B. and we worked everything out. Thank Heavens!!! So it came time for us to teach. We were teaching one of our teachers who was posing as an investigator. (The one I told you about last week.) Before we taught, we prayed. I said it. I begged for Heavenly Fathers help and guidance. We had prepared as best we could, but He needed to do the rest. It was in His hands. We went in there, and I honestly don't know what happened. We started talking in Norsk and asking him questions. We started the lesson. The Spirit was there. Then we had to teach about the restoration. I said the First Vision in Norsk and the Spirit just flooded the room. It was so strong, I could barely speak! We testified in norsk that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ, and throught him we have the true and restored gospel. It was incredible. We commited him to go to church with us. I cannot even begin to tell you what was said in that room. All we knew is that the Spirit was there testifying the truth of the message we were sharing. When we walked out our teacher was speachless. He said that it was the best teach he had ever sat through. Me and Sis. B. went back to our empty classroom, closed the door and theanked heavenly father for taking care of us. There was no way we did that by ourselves! We just cried and cried. This gospel is so true!!! I know this doesn't even begin to explain the power that I felt.... Darn! All I know is that I am nothing without the Lord. If we put our trust in Him, we can do anything... even teach a 45 minute lesson in another Language! :)
 
Another experience... so I think I told you how our branch presidency has told everyone to prepare a talk for Sacrament meeting every week, then they randomly choose 2 missionaries... Well that's how it works. Anyways, the topic this last week was baptism. I had prepared it early on, but as Sunday got closer, I felt like I needed to redo it. I started thinking about my baptism and what it meant to me then and what it means to me now. I rewrote my talk of Sunday morning. I felt really good about it. It made me realize how important that step in my life was and how it is important for everyone to have the opportunity to be baptized. Well I was feeling good about it... Guess who was called up... Me! Good thing I prepared, right? Oh my goodness! I didn't know, but I knew that I was going to speak on Sunday. The spirirt told me! :) It went really well. I didn't ever look at my notes. I just spoke it from my heart! (Good thing I learned how to do that before I left, right? ha ha!)
 
Last night we had our weekly devotional. Our whole district decided to sing in the choir together. The song was "This is the Christ." That song is incredible! I think it's a new fave :) Anyways. We sang it last night at the devotional. The speaker was Russell M. Nelson. I cant even begin to tell you how amazing it is to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord!!! And to sing for him, that was so cool! He told us that the last person he talked to before he came to the MTC was Thomas S Monson and that he sent his love. How amazing is that!?! I thought it was amazing. :) His talk was incredible too!
 
So I am offically a yoga nut! It is my favorite early morning class of the week! I wish I could do it everyday!
 
Love you all to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment