Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 5

Heisann min Familie!!!
 
How is everything going? That you so much for the package!!! I got it on Thursday and it was like mana from Heaven!! I just about died when I saw that cute sweater and the homemade cookies! I shared with all my friends here- it was a big party! :)
 
I can't remember if I told you, but we got 4 new sisters in our room, so now it's totally full. They are all really sweet! They will only be here for 3 weeks beacuse they are serving in Oklahoma. I actually went to High School with one of them. Her name in Jenna Bowles. I only knew of her, but she is so awesome! I love that we have that connection! There is another sister, Sister Ellingson, who is from SLC. I absolutely love her! We are so much alike and she always comes to me when she is having a hard time so we talk it all out. She is awesome! I don't know what I'd do without her!
 
So on Friday, we taught our teacher/investigator Anders (The one who we had the amazing experience with last week). We planned to finish teaching him the plan of Salvation. We planned to review the atonement where we left off, then finish it up. We shared a scripture- Moroni 10:32-33. It's a good one! Well he had questions about how we repent and become like Christ. So we started teaching about repentance. We had made a goal before we started teaching that we were going to try to commit him to baptism, and if we continued on the path we were on, it was looking pretty good! So we continued with repentance and then came baptism.... He told us that he had already been baptized... Oh Boy! We had to explain that it wasn't valid. He was very offended. We had to back-track through the great apostasy to explain how the priesthood was lost. Then he was upset because he didn't undersatnd why if God loved us so much, that he would take his power away. I was terrified! I just kept thinking that we were losing him... But then I had the feeling to look in my Norwegian Preach my Gospel (Mind you this is all happening in Norsk...) I couldn't understand everything, but i had a feeling to look up a certain scripture that was listed on the page. It helped the situation a little bit, but then Sis. B. had the impression to share a scripture about how God always has his armed out for his children, but it up to them to accept it. It clicked in his brain! We extended the baptiamal invitation and he accepted!!! I testified that it would be the greatest decision he would ever make, and it was done. In 3 weeks!! We felt like it was a 30 min lesson... it was 1 hr and 30 min! Ooops! It was incredible! I want to be able to do that with real people!!! So Now we just have to make sure there are no issues with the word of wisdom or anything like that.... Ha ha!
 
So on Sunday, I was released as coordinating sister.... I was kind of sad, but kind of not. It will be nice to be able to focus a little bit more. However, I was moved to Sr. Companion. That could be cool, I guess. ha ha!
 
As a district, we have started having English fasts or norwegian feasts. That is where we only peak norsk for like 5 hours... It is really helping us grow in the language. I'm starting to feel a little better about it which is really nice!
 
This week, I have had some awesome experiences whil reading the scriptures. I have never realized how absolutely amazing they are! I love them so much! There is a great strength that can be found in the Word of God!!!
 
Well, family... this was kind of a lame email... Sorry! Things are just kind of blending together. :)
 
Just know that I love you all so very much! You are always in my prayers! I don't know what i would do without your support!
 
Until next week, Jeg elsker dere!
 
Soster Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment