Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 6

Hi Family!!
 
I look forward to this time of the week- it's my favorite! Unfornately for today, I don't have a lot to say... Life has been pretty boring this week. Sorry :( We are just trying to speak Norwegian as much as possible, cram in the scriptures, and prepare to leave the country! It gives me heart failure everytime I think about actually being in Norway... and then I get this overwhelming sense of peace and excitement! I'm going to be in another country in less than 3 weeks! I should have my travel plans in the next ten days, so I will know when I will be able to call everyone!!! That is going to be the best day ever!
 
So funny story- A few days ago, a string of announcements flooded the MTC about this gastrointestinal virus that is plaguing the area. We can't shake hands with anyone and we have to sanitize our hands about 50 times a day. Don't worry, the disease hasn't actually hit the MTC, but they just want us to be extra careful since there are 2500 of us held up in this compound. :)
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the package!!! It was amazing! The socks are fabulous and the nail polish... AMAZING!!! I have it on right now and I'm loving it! When I got it, I was so excited, so I showed all the sisters in our district. Well later that night, the Swedish sisters showed up at our door with puppy-dog eyes and asked if we could have a nail painting party. :) It was so fun!!! Just know, Family, you made our night! I love you tons!!! Oh and the pictures were fabulous!!! I loved seeing what has been happening in your lives. I miss you so much.... However, you have to delete that picture of me walking away from the car- it's horrendous!!! I pretty much look awful in all of those pics... Why didn't someone tell me? Ha ha! Just kidding. :)
 
My Norwegian skills are getting better and better... knock on wood! We had to teach our first lesson in Norsk at the TRC. I don't know if I've told you about that or not- The TRC is a place where you can go teach volunteer native speakers lessons and practice your skills. Up until this last time, we've got to know the investigator in Norsk, but taught in Engelsk. So we taught our first full norsk lesson there. Since we've already been doing that with our teacher, it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed myself!
 
So last night, we had our weekly devotional, and Rosemary Wixom, the primary general president came and talked to us. It was so awesome! We sang primary songs and it just made me miss my cute little primary class. Please tell them I say hi! If I have time today, I will write them each a little note. :) There is nothing like the sweet and simple teachings that primary songs have. The Spirit was so strong! The Spirit is always so strong! He is my constant companion. I would not know any of the things I do now without His guidance. For example, I was talking with my branch pres. last night and we spoke of how that scriptures at first seem kind of dull and lifeless, but when read in the light of the spirit, they come alive! I have never felt such a love for the scriptures! Thay truly were written for our time and I KNOW that they are the word of God! :)
 
Sorry I don't have any cool experiences to share. Just know that I love you all so much and I pray for you always! Thank you for all of your support- I wouldn't be here without you!
 
Jeg elsker dere veldig mye!!! (Translate that, Zach!) :)
 
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment